I am just starting out using my camera to do video so I will improve as I go 😉 I also hope I didn’t say ummm too many times…I will improve on that as I do more videos as well. Â I would like to thank Decible of Custom Made Productions / House of Custom Mades for the usage of his music.
MyCoCreations Â brings you aÂ step by step instructional video on how to make custom sized shipping boxes for plants. Â These boxes ensure safe delivery of your precious plant and can be customized for any size pot.
Supplies you will need:
+ Cardboard (I recycled an old cardboard box)
+ Optional Xacto knife
- Measure the pot circumference (widest part)
- Measure the plant height
- Your box will be 5 sided so multiple 5Â * width (from step 1) andÂ add 1 inch to that
- Add 2.5Â inches to the height of the plant/pot (from step 1)
- This will change based on the size of your pot,Â to get this measurement subtract 1 inch for the circumference of your pot
My pots are 3.5 inches wide at the widest part and 12 inches tall
My measurements = 18.5 inches wide by 14.5 inches tall
Â STEP 3
- Measure and cut out a rectangle based on your measurements (my rectangle is 18.5 inches wide by 14.5 inches)
- Measure 2.5″ fromÂ top to the bottom across the height and mark
- Cut and score cardboard as indicated in the video
- Place pot inside the box (I secure my potting soil with damp tissues/or bubble wrap and tape so that the soil can’t move even if the box it tipped upside down) I will show you this in my next vlog.
- Push in the pot “lock” and secure the box closed with the tab (see video for detailed instruction)
- Tape up the bottom of the box and I like to put a piece of tape over the lock as an extra precaution.
That’s it! Â Now you are ready to put your plant shipping box into a shipping/larger box, add shipping peanuts, foam or recycled materials to help keep the shipping box from moving too much.
I hope you injoyed this video. Â Please feel free to comment, share improvements, ideas, etc!